Ethanol and Your Vehicle
- A 10% ethanol blend is warranted for use by ALL auto manufacturers.
- Ethanol-blended fuel keeps your fuel system clean for optimal performance because it does not leave gummy deposits.
- Ethanol is the highest performance fuel on the market with a 113 octane rating. Several national and international racing teams use ethanol because of its high octane and exceptional performance. In fact, the Indy Racing League adopted ethanol to replace methanol beginning with the 2006 season.
- Ethanol-blended fuels (10%) are approved for use in small engines, including outboard motors, snowmobiles, lawn mowers, motorcycles, and chainsaws. All small engine manufacturers that have tested a 10% ethanol blend have approved its use.
- Ethanol guards against gas line freeze by absorbing any moisture that may get in the tank during cold weather. So, there’s no reason to spend extra money on over-the-counter de-icers.
(Courtesy of: Iowa Renewable Fuels Assoc.)
For a list of Flexible Fuel Vehicles visit Growth Energy at
For a list of E85 pumps throughout the United States visit Growth Energy at